Posted by Eric on Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 3:23am.
which is correct?
a couple billions of dollar
a couple billion of dollars
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 8:18am
"two billion dollars" would work just fine and is less iffy.
a couple = 2
a few = 3 to 5
several = 5 or more
And when you use "a couple" in a sentence like this, you need to add the word "of" after it: e.g., I have a couple of CDs I'd like to get rid of.
- english - Eric, Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 11:51am
then would "it cost them billions of dollars" work?
i just don't know is the -s on billion or dollar.
- english - Writeacher, Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 1:21pm
Yes, you could say any of these:
It cost them billions of dollars. (Make sure it's clear what "it" is.)
It cost them two billion dollars.
It cost them a couple of billion dollars. (This is not as formal as the other two, however.)
What is your choice?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- calc - Please help me you guys, this is the 3rd time I have posted this question...
- calc - A widget factory has fixed costs of 35 billion dollars and variable costs...
- math - A widget factory has fixed costs of 35 billion dollars and variable costs...
- Calculus (Help) - Can you please help me with this problem? I asked earlier, but...
- english - 1. You will be taller than her in a couple of years. (What is the ...
- College Algebra - The equationS = 1.3x + 6.4 represents the amount of sales of ...
- Math - Suppose C(x) measures an economy's personal consumption expenditure and ...
- math - Suppose C(x) measures an economy's personal consumption expenditure and x...
- English - I am still confused about the use of 'a couple of' For example, if a ...
- correct my paragraphs - The final cause for a couple to separate is abuse. An ...