Posted by Mara on Friday, February 8, 2008 at 8:11pm.
Complete parts a – c for each quadratic function.
a. Find the y-intercept, the equation of the axis of symmetry and the x-coordinate of the vertex.
b. Make a table of values that includes the vertex.
c. Use this information to graph the function.
1. f(x) = 2x2
2. f(x) = x2 + 4
3. f(x) = 2x2 – 4
4. f(x) = x2 – 4x + 4
5. f(x) = x2 – 4x – 5
6. f(x) = 3x2 + 6x – 1
7. f(x) = -3x2 – 4x
8. f(x) = 0.5x2 – 1
9. f(x) = ½x2 + 3x + 9/2
Determine whether each function has a maximum or a minimum value. Then find the maximum or minimum value of each function.
10. f(x) = 3x2
11. f(x) = x2 – 8x + 2
12. f(x) = 4x – x2 + 1
13. f(x) = 2x + 2x2 + 5
14. f(x) = -7 – 3x2 + 12x
15. f(x) = -½x2 – 2x + 3
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra2 - Complete parts a – c for each quadratic function: a. Find the y-...
- Algebra - Which of the following is not a step in graphing a quadratic function...
- maths - how do i find out the the equation of the line of symmetry for f(x)=ax^2...
- Maths - Given the quadratic function y =3x^2+10x-8 (i)Find the y-intercept. (ii)...
- Algebra,Math, graphs help - This is what the directions state to do: (A) ...
- algebra - 1)Find the exact solutions to 3x^2=5x-1 using the quadratic formula. ...
- math, algebra,graphs help - THe directions state: (A)Complete the table, (B) ...
- math help,algebra - Okay this is what i have to do but i think i am doing ...
- Please help! quadratic equation - Given the following quadratic equation find. a...
- algebra 2 - what is the y-intercept, the x-coordinate of the vertex and the ...