Posted by Adeline on Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 10:00pm.
Our French class was given an assignment where each student would write a letter in French to a child in the 5th grade. I have looked up letter writing in French but I can only find ways to write formal letters. How would I begin the letter when writing to a young person I do not know as well as end the letter? Also, since it is like a pen-pal thing and for a young child learning a bit of French, would it be best to write simple things like my age, my family members, things I like to do, etc. in the letter?
Thanks so much if anyone could possibly tell me or give a website!
French - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 10:12pm
This website seems to cover what you need.
French - Adeline, Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 10:29pm
Well, I already went there and it seemed a little too formal for a 5th grader learning basic French. Maybe i should just begin with Bonjour! and call it good :)
French - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 10:35pm
When I was a child I had pen pals from around the world. I'm sure we started our letters, Chere Antoinette. (An accent should be over the first e.)
But -- I'm sure that Bonjour will be fine also.
Please check back here tomorrow because I'm sure SraJMcGinn will also comment on your post with excellent advise.
French - Adeline, Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 10:38pm
Thanks, I will!
French - SraJMcGin, Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 2:55am
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. Good advice above. The easiest way to begin is by introducing yourself, telling about your family, school, activities. Write as though you were actually speaking to the person and be sure to ask questions so it will be easier for that person to answer your letter. Use the structures, vocabulary, grammar you have studied in class. Bonne chance!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- French Pen-Pal - My French teacher is having us write to our fifth grade pen ...
- French - hi there, i have to write a letter in French to my au-pair family(the ...
- french - Hi, I need help for a French letter to write. At the end, I don't know ...
- Simple how-to to do in french? - For my french class i have to do alittle how-to...
- maths - In a class of 38 students, each student studies at least one of the ...
- SHANNON - Suppose a math class contains 31 students, 14 females (four of whom ...
- French - I have a french itinerary that I have to present to the whole class.I ...
- maths - in a group of 60 children 31 speak French 23 speak Spanish 14 neither ...
- FRENCH - DOES ANYONE HAVE A LIST OF FRENCH TRANSITION WORDS THAT WILL MAKE ...
- French immersion grade 5 math perimeters - My child needs to write out equations...