Posted by Charles on Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 9:32pm.
If gear A has 30 teeth and is spinning at 800rpm, gear B has 50 teeth and gear C has 20 teeth and gear D is spinning at 300rpm. How many teeth does gear D have?
- physics - Damon, Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 9:41pm
rpms if all in a row
If any are on the same shaft. I do not have your picture.
D 800*(30/50)*(50/20)*(20/N) = 300
or more easily since all teeth are the same size
800*(30/N) = 300
N = 80
- physics - Damon, Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 9:50pm
Now you tell me !
- physics - Charles, Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 9:51pm
- physics - Damon, Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 9:53pm
B = 800*30/50 = 480 rpm
C = 480 rpm
D = 480 (20/N) = 300
N = 32
- physics - Charles, Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 9:58pm
- physics - Damon, Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 9:59pm
You are welcome :)
- physics - Damon, Wednesday, February 6, 2008 at 10:48pm
Think of the body all alone in space
Add up all the force vectors on it and equate that to mass times acceleration.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- science - A gear with 30 teeth turns a gear with 5 teeth. How many turns will ...
- math - i need help on ratios, gears and teeth.ex. teeth on driving gear A-35 ...
- 9th grade science - if the turns of the output gear over the turns of the input ...
- drive-ing problem - hi this is my problem... A shaft turning at the 1800 r/min ...
- MTH 156 - When two gears are mashed the revolution per minutes (rpm) are ...
- Math - 2 Gears are in their starting position. Gear 1 has 6 teeth. Gear 2 has 8 ...
- math - A gear with 60 teeth is meshed to a gear with 40 teeth. If the larger ...
- Intergated chemistry/physics - Draw a setup containing 3 gears. For every turn ...
- math help - A gear with 20 teeth revolving at 200 revolutions per minute is ...
- Science - Physics - Count the teeth in the front and rear gears in speeds 1, 5, ...