Posted by Caroline on Tuesday, February 5, 2008 at 4:37pm.
express the area of each triangle as a monomial.
11. height- 4ab^5
- algebra 1 - Damon, Tuesday, February 5, 2008 at 4:46pm
area = (1/2) base*height
10. (1/2)(5 n^3)(2 n^2)
to multiply, add exponents
11. (1/2) (3 a^4 b^1)(4 a^1 b^5)
6 a^(4+1) b^(1+5)
6 a^5 b^6
- algebra 1 - Caroline, Tuesday, February 5, 2008 at 4:57pm
yes but in the first one (#10) the 1/2 and the 2 is not included. I don't know what to do with that.
- algebra 1 - Damon, Tuesday, February 5, 2008 at 5:16pm
Oh, do the arithmetic seperately
(1/2)(5) (2) = 5
- algebra 1 - Damon, Tuesday, February 5, 2008 at 5:19pm
In the second one it is
you could say that is
but I looked at it and said to myself ---half of four is two, so it is two times three or 6
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Shirley is drawing triangles that have the same area. The base of each...
- Algebra Word Problem - COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS !!!!!!!!!! The ...
- Algebra - A triangle has an area of 60 in^2. Its base is 10 inches and its ...
- Intermediate Algebra - The base of the triangle is 5 cm greater than the height...
- Pre algebra - find the area of the triangle with base 2 1/5 yards and height 5/8...
- math - The base of a triangle is 5cm greater than the height. The area is 18cm^2...
- math - ABC is a right-angled triangle atB. AB=(3x+2)cm and BC=2CM.GIVEN THAT THE...
- College algebra - A seamstress is designing a triangular flag so that the length...
- honors algebra - the area of a triangle is 105 square feet. the height is two ...
- Algebra - How do you find the area of a shaded area in a triangle and assume the...