Posted by * on Monday, February 4, 2008 at 10:32pm.
The garden where Marvell scorned love’s solicitude –
that dream – and played instead an arcane solitaire,
shuffling his thoughts like shadowy chance
across the shrubs of ecstasy,
and cast the myths away to flowering hours
as yes, his mind, that sea, caught at the green
thoughts shadowing a green infinity.
Would consonance in this stanza be words such as shadowy, shuffling, shrubs, shadowing
assonance be solicitude, solitaire, cast, ecstacy, sea, ?
English: Consonance and Assonance - Writeacher, Tuesday, February 5, 2008 at 7:19am
Examples: group/grope, middle/muddle, wonder/wander
Listen to the beginning and ending sounds, disregarding the vowels in the middle.
Examples: jumpy monkey sundae (the /u/ and /o/ sounds in this set of words)
Listen to vowel sounds, disregarding the beginning and ending sounds.
Look again -- I don't see any consonance or assonance in your choices. And remember that consonance, assonance, and alliteration (when it's part of the assignment) are usually for immediately successive words, not words separated throughout the piece of writing.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - Can someone please give me some SIMPLE (easy for me to understand) ...
- english - What do classical Greek and Roman myths, Norse myths, Native American ...
- English - This is my final question. I appreciate all of your help. Is this an ...
- english - does generation and tradition have either assonance or consonance or ...
- English - The words hum and ham are examples of which sound device? A. ...
- English II - On a proud round cloud in a white high night. A. alliteration B. ...
- English - In “Summer,” the word buzzin is an example of which of the following ...
- English - Which sound device does this phrase demonstrate? cruel cackles of ...
- English - Which of the following is the repetition of consonants as in hip and ...
- English - is this poem good for my poetry class? All I Want is Us When nothing ...