Posted by Liz on Sunday, February 3, 2008 at 9:02pm.
Find the coefficient of x³ in the expansion of (2x+5)^6
math - Damon, Sunday, February 3, 2008 at 9:24pm
From your last question:
a^6 + 6 a^5 b + 15 a^4 b^2 + 20 a^3 b^3 + 15 a^2 b^4 + 6 a b^5 + b^6
Here a = 2x
b = 5
so if you are looking for the x^3 term, it is found in the middle
20 a^3 b^3
20 * (2x)^3 * 5^3
= 20 * 8 * 125 x^3
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- binomial expansion help!!! - in the expansion of (1+x)^(n+1) the coefficient of ...
- Finite Math - What is the coefficient of y^14 in the expansion of (x+y)^14? What...
- Physics - Material X has a coefficient of linear expansion a = 0.00000271/degree...
- Calculus - Find the constant term in the expansion of [x + (3/x squared)]^9 Find...
- Physics - In my lab of linear expansion, I need to find out the coefficient of ...
- physics - The coefficient of apparent expansion of a liquid when determined ...
- Binomal Theorem - 1A> What is the coefficient of x^(2r) in the expansion of (...
- math - find the coefficient of x^29 in the expansion (1+2x)^12 .(1+x)^18
- MATH - find the coefficient of x^5 in the expansion (x+2)(x+1)^8
- Math - Find the coefficient of x^2y^3 in the binomial expansion of (x-2y)^5.