Posted by mk-tintin on Thursday, January 31, 2008 at 2:01pm.
36. …. he lives in a cold, ill-equipped house,
he refuses to move.
(A) In spite
37. It is too difficult …. live alone.
(A) to them to
(B) to them
(C) for them
(D) for them to
38. They have two daughters …. refuse to
(A) which both
(B) both of whom
(C) of whom both
(D) both of which
39. Old people are sometimes …. poor ….
they cannot live alone.
(A) such / as
(B) so / than
(C) such / that
(D) so / that
SraJMcGin - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 31, 2008 at 2:13pm
Please post what you think the answers are to these and your many other questions, and SraJMcGinn or other tutors will be glad to help you.
SraJMcGin - SraJMcGin, Thursday, January 31, 2008 at 3:42pm
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum and I'll be back when you've had time to do this!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Can you please tell me if all the alternatives I included are correct...
- English - She went to the party. ..... Her dislike for the host Fill in the ...
- English - Choose the one word that best completes the sentence. 1.It was cold ...
- English - 1. He has a house. + He lives in the house. 2. He has a house which he...
- English - 1. This is the house which he lives in. 2. This is the house in which ...
- English - 1. This is the house where he lives. 2. This is the house in which he ...
- Math - Kenya, Matt, Tia and Justin live on the same street. Their houses are ...
- WRITING - I need help revising for pronouns towards this paragraph: Choosing a ...
- english: poem - do you think this poem's emotion is optimistic? Calgary 2 A.M. ...
- English - 1. They believe that Mary lives in Chicago. 2. Mary is believed to ...