Posted by sarah on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 at 6:23pm.
I was given a decreasing concave down graph of the integral F(x) from 0-8.
i have to say whether the following are greater then, less then,equal to, or unable to determine each other
1. T (greater then) M
2. T (greater then) R
3. M (less then) S
4. S ? actual integral
r=right end points
are these right?
I said you weren't sure with simpsons whether it was greater than or less than the integral so it would be a ?
the others were determined based on increasing/decreasing and concavity
- CALC - Damon, Wednesday, January 30, 2008 at 6:58pm
I assume by concave down you mean it holds rather than sheds water.
4. Unless they say it is a parabola, You can not say Simpson's rule (the parabolic one -second order) is exact. So agree, can not tell.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- calc - I was given a decreasing concave down graph of the integral F(x) from 0-8...
- calculus - Consider the exponential function . Which of the following best ...
- Calculus check - A function f(x) is continuous for all x and has a local ...
- Calculus - A function f(x) is continuous for all x and has a local minimum at (1...
- Calculus - Let f be the function defined for x >or= to 0 with f(0)=5 and f', ...
- calculus - Given f(x)=sin(x)-2cos(x) on the interval [0,2pi]. a) Determine where...
- math - State the null hypothesis, Ho, and the alternative hypothesis, Ha, that ...
- Algebra1 - graph of two infinite lines that intersect at a point. One line is ...
- math - 7. The tennis team is selling key chains as a fundraiser. If its goal is ...
- Algebra - Use a graphing calculator or a computer to graph the system of ...