Que es el suceso?
El suceso es una fiesta.
What is the event?
The event is a party. good
2.Que tipo fiesta?
Una fiesta de cumpleanos.
What kind of party?
A birthday party. is good
Whose birthdayis it? (fix)
4.Cuantos anos tienes para su cumpleanos?
Cuantos, 15 anos. (Fix)
How old is she turning on her birthday?
She is turining 15 years old.
5.Ella celebrar su quincenera?
(Ella celebra sus quince anos?) (Fix)
Si, ella celebrar su quiencenera.
(Si, ella celebrara sus quince anos.)
Is she celebrating her quincenera?
Yes she is celebrating her quincenera.
6. Quien es invitar?
(Quienes estan invitados a la fiesta?)
(Los amigos de Gabriela estan invitados.)
Who is invited?
Gabriela's friends are invited.
7.Donde esta la fiesta?
(Donde es la fiesta?)
La fiesta es a Gabriela's casa.
(La fiesta es en la casa de gabriela.)
8.A que hora es la fiesta?
La fiesta es la una de la tarde en jueves 7 de agosto de 2008.
( A fiesta es a la una de la tardedel jueves 7 de Agosto d 2008.)
At what time is the party?
It's at 1:00 in the afternoon on Thursday, the 7th of August 2008.
9.Es la fiesta exterior o interior?
(La fiesta sera afuera o adentro de la casa?)
La fiesta es exterior.(La fiesta es afuera de la casa.)
Is the party outside or inside?
The party is outside.
10.Debo traigo algo?
(Debo traer algo?)
No, es no necesitar.
(No, no es necesario.)
Should I bring anything?
No, it's not necessary.
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. First I'll look at what Megan wrote. Since it bothers my eyes to keep scrolling up and down, I'll copy and print first in larger font so I can see it!
1. punctuation = ¿Qué es el suceso? (otherwise good)
2. ¿Qué tipo de fiesta es? (note punctuation and the preposition "de" which we would say in English also if we translated it: What type OF party? It is better with a verb. The answer is incomplete without a verb = ES una fiesta, etc. Also the English "IT IS a birthday party."
3. ¿De quién es el cumpleaños? OR ¿Es el cumpleaños de quién? = Note what I added and the accents. Es el cumpleaños de Gabriel. = 's does NOT exist in Spanish! Then = Whose birthday IS IT? (Assuming you want complete sentences?) IT IS Gabriela's birthday = (Why did you switch from Gabriel to Gabriela? It makes sense if you meant to do that.)
4. You have used "tienes" in the question which means "you have" but then "she" in the answer. ¿Cuántos años tiene (él/ella) para su cumpleaños? (I'd stop with just "Cuántos años tiene?) Tiene 15 (quince) años.
5. The best word order for a question is the verb followed by the subject. Word order for a statement = ella celebra BUT the question = ¿Celebra ella su quinceañera? (note conjugated verb and spelling.) Sí (accent mark), ella celebra (translated verb to match the subject "ella") su quinceañera (spelling).
6. WHOM is she inviting (in English) = ¿A quién invita? (personal "a" before the object and conjugated verb) OR (based on the English "Who is invited" = ¿Quién es invitado?) Los amigos de Gabriela son invitados. = Gabriela's friends are invited.
7. ¿Dónde está... (accents!) NOTE: If you need the chart on how to make accent marks with the computer, let me know if you have a MAC or PC, Windows or not. Since you used estar in the question, the answer should also. = La fiesta está en la casa de Gabriela. (Never try 's in Spanish! That's the use of "de" here.) You forgot the English translation here?
8. Only the accent mark and the "upside down question mark" are missing = ¿A qué hora es la fiesta? La fiesta es A la una de la tarde EL jueves, 7 de agosto de 2008. = with time you need to include "at one o'clock" and "el" means ON with Thursday. I only capitalized "a" and "el" so you'd see them clearly.
9. The words exterior and interior are adjectives and will not work here. You need the adverbs: adentro/afuera. ¿Es la fiesta afuera o adentro? (outside could also be "al aire libre" if you've had that expression) Then, La fiesta es afuera.
10. 2 conjugated verbs running together make a run-on sentence (Debo traigo) = ¿Debo traer (I ought TO BRING, infinitive) algo? No, no es necesario. (a negative word "no" must be in front of the verb "es.")
The P.S. will be for Nelson.
P.S. for Nelson
You noticed many things that need to be fixed, but didn't tell her how? Please see all the corrections I made for her. These few things seem to be things you wrote that she didn't.
5. sus = not plural but "su" with quinceañera.
6. ser if it's permanent in your mind but estar if it's temporary. "estar" can often mean "to seem" but the speaker gets to choose
7. again the difference between ser & estar...¿Dónde está...? = Where is it taking place. ¿Dónde es...? = Where is it being held. Not a huge difference in English! "gabriela" should be capaitalized = Gabriela
8. "Agosto" is not capitalized in Spanish = agosto but August is in English!
9. "sera" requires an accent mark "será" and it is the Future, which Megan may not have had yet. (will be)
NOTE: You made some excellent corrections!
spanish - A few months ago my teeth started hurting a lot. I went to the dentist...
Spanish - I need these words translated from Spanish to English but they aren't ...
Spanish - I have a question-I need to compare Spanish nouns in the singular ...
Spanish - Need an answer in Spanish to a spanish question! Que vas a hacer ...
spanish - What does "Le Vive" mean in Spanish when translated into English.
spanish sra jmcguin - Hi I have so many tests - Is it possible to scan my ...
To Anonymous, Spanish - Please check down below. You need to know that what you ...
spanish SRA MCGUINN - Fortunately in English can you please tell me the spanish ...
Spanish - I need to know what this question translates into in English. Does it ...
Sra.JMcGin - Is Spanish your first language? It was mine and my spanish is in ...