Posted by Anonymous on Monday, January 28, 2008 at 8:26pm.
In Simplifying 7 to the 11th power and 7 to the 9th power, Alexis decides to use her calculator to find 7 to the 11th power and 7 to the 9th power indiviually before dividing. Show how Alexis could use the laws of exponents to arrive at the answer more easily.
Math - Damon, Monday, January 28, 2008 at 8:37pm
assume you are doing
7^9 * 7^2
which is 49
to multiply, add exponents
to divide, subtract exponents
to raise to power, multiply exponents
Math - Anonymous, Monday, January 28, 2008 at 8:40pm
thanks so much
Math - Damon, Monday, January 28, 2008 at 8:46pm
You are welcome !
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math 8R - HW Qs. Check - Write the product of (1.7 x 10 to the 9th power) x (1.4...
- math - find the greatest common factor and simplify your answer. 4v to the 7th ...
- math - simplify, 4v to the 7th power y to the 9th power and 16v to the 6th power...
- physics - The disk shaped head of a pin is 1.0 mm in diameter. Which of the ...
- math - 4v to the 7th power y to the 9th power and 16v to the 6th power x to the ...
- Math/Standard and scientific notation - Express each measure in standard form. (...
- geometry - 10x(to the 5th power)y(to the 4th power) over 15x(to the third power)...
- Algebra II - The problem states: Saturn is approximately 1.4x 10 to the 9th ...
- math - check plz - She has 2 to the 10th power of fruit flies in each of 2 to ...
- Math - 8 to the 12 power over 8 to the 9th power equals 8 to the what power?