Posted by Gabby on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 7:56pm.
what should i include in my first paragraph on a compare and contrast essay???
please help asap
writing... - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 8:12pm
Your first sentence should grab the readers' attention. Next, introduce your subject with brief summaries of the likenesses and difference. The last sentence should be your thesis statement.
writing... - Gabby, Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 8:13pm
what do you mean by summaries in the likenesses and differences???
and thesis statement??
writing... - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 8:29pm
When you write a compare and contrast essay, you are writing about the likenesses and differences. Suppose you were writing a compare and contrast essay on cats and dogs as pets. You might say that dogs are affectionate, but cats are independent. They both make good pets, however.
Your thesis statement might be something like: Dogs are better pets than cats.
writing... - Gabby, Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 8:40pm
but what about if you are comparing a movie and a book???
writing... - Writeacher, Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 8:42pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- reading/writing - ok.. i have to do this compare and contrast essay on the ...
- COMPARISON/CONTRAST ESSAY-Please Proofread - 1. what are the type of comparison ...
- Language Arts - How do I start a compare and contrast essay? I am doing a ...
- L.A - I'm writing a paragraph to compare and contrast a story character and me, ...
- English - I have to write a 5 paragraph comparison and contrast essay on ...
- English - Unit 4 Lesson 4: Writing Workshop: Compare & contrast essay I have to ...
- writing - i have to write a compare and contrast essay but i don't know what mt ...
- essay writing - The first sentence of your introductory paragraph should do all ...
- Social St.!!!ASAP!!!! - If I am writing an essay what should I include for my ...
- essay - Please help I have an assignment to write an essay for compare and ...