Posted by sarah on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 2:49pm.
is the integral of 2x/(x^3-x)
I got this by doing this:
- calc - Damon, Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 3:49pm
I differ by a factor of 2
2[ A/(x+1) +B/(x-1) ]
A = -1/2, B = +1/2
2 int [ -.5 dx/(x+1) + .5 dx /(x-1) ]
1 int [ dx/(x+1) + dx/(x-1) ]
ln (x+1) + ln (x-1)
ln[ (x+1)/(x-1) ]
- calc - drwls, Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 3:51pm
To see if your answer is correct, take the derivative. Itis
= [-(1/2)(x-1) + (1/2)(x+1)]/(x^2 -1)
Your riginal integrand is equal to 2/(x^2-1), so your answer seems to be off by a factor of 2.
- calc - Damon, Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 3:58pm
- calc - Damon, Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 3:59pm
Which I should have seen in the first place.
- calc - sarah, Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 4:18pm
took ya long enuff
- calc - Damon, Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 4:26pm
Yeah, but I am really old :)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - Evaluate (integral) cot 2x dx. A. 1/2Ln sin 2x+C B. 1/2Ln cos 2x+C C...
- Calculus - I know how to do this problem, but I'm stuck at the arc length ...
- calc - is the integral of xln(x)dx= x^2/4(4ln(x)-4-2ln(x)+3)+C?
- Calculus - Evaluate the indefinite integral integral sec(t/2) dt= a)ln |sec t +...
- calculus (please with steps and explanations) - consider the function f that is ...
- Calculus (urgent help) - consider the function f that is continuous on the ...
- calculus - consider the function f that is continuous on the interval [-5,5] and...
- Math - Find the integrals. (show steps) (integral sign) xe^(4x^2) I think this ...
- calc asap! - can you help me get started on this integral by parts? 4 S sqrt(t) ...
- calc - find integral using table of integrals ) integral sin^4xdx this the ...