Posted by aayush on Friday, January 25, 2008 at 12:47pm.
( here, in sin2x, 2x is an angle., like there's a formula:sin2x=2sinxcosx and sin2y=2sinycosy; ....)
trigonometry - drwls, Friday, January 25, 2008 at 1:17pm
It cannot be proven because it is not true. You can prove that by choosing x and y that satisfies sin2x=3sin2y. For example, take x = 15 degrees and y = 9.5941 degrees.
For those choices, sin 2x = 3sin 2y = 0.500
For those choices of x and y
2 tan(x-y) = 0.1893 and tan (x+y) = 0.4577
By being able to find ANY x,y combination that satisfies sin2x=3sin2y, and for which your second equation is not true, then your contention is disproved.
Either someone is playing a practical joke on us, or on you, or you have copied the problem incorrectly
trigonometry (correction) - drwls, Friday, January 25, 2008 at 6:02pm
I made a mistake in my example. Choose the angles x = 15 degrees and y = 4.79703 degrees. Then the condition
sin 2x = 3 sin 2y is satisfied.
2tan(x-y) = 0.35996
tan (x+y) = 0.35996
Your identity is almost certainly correct and I must apologize for my error in the previous answer.
I tried to prove the second equation for any x and y that satisfy your first equation, but was not able to.
trigonometry - Anonymous, Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 7:43am
give the proper solution for it. not by substituting values of x and y
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pre-calculus - prove the identity sin2x-sin2y/sin2x+sin2y=tan(x-y)/tan(x+y)
- maths - If Sin2x=3sin2y then prove: 2tan(x-y)= tan(x+y)
- trig - if sin2x=3sin2y, prove that: 2tan(x-y)=tan(x+y)
- Calculus - Solve identity, (1-sin2x)/cos2x = cos2x/(1+sin2x) I tried starting ...
- trig - if sin2x=3sin2y, find 2tan(x-y)
- Trigonometry - Verify the identities algebraically. 1.) TAN^5 X= TAN³X SEC²X-TAN...
- math - I have to find an exact solutions on the interval [0,pi) for both of ...
- trig - Which expression is equivalent to tan(-x)cos^2x? -sin xcos x sin xcos x ...
- Trigonometry - Verify the identity. sin2x/cosx + sinx = 2sinx Solve for all ...
- Math - prove sin2x+cos2x+1 tan(pi/4+x) ______________ = __________ sin2x+cos2x-1...