Posted by Jam on Friday, January 25, 2008 at 12:47am.
Are my sentences correct?
I am japanese and I am also canadian.
Je suis japonaise et je suis canadienne aussi.
I am a student at university.
Je suis une etudiante a l'universite.
I live in richmond, a city in Canada.
J'habite a richmond, une ville au Canada.
I like to listen to modern music.
J'aime ecouter la musique moderne.
French - SraJMcGin, Friday, January 25, 2008 at 4:07am
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. Assuming you are female, be sure to capitalize certain words in English! (Japanese, Canadian, Richmond.)
#2 = at the university = accent = université and accent grave on à
#3 = the trend is to not use ¡a with habiter = J'habite Richmond.
#4 = écouter = the words that require accent marks are considered incorrect without them!
Good job! If you need to learn how to make accent marks on a computer, let us know if you have a PC or MAC, Windows or not.
French - Jam, Friday, January 25, 2008 at 9:46am
I want to ask is it Je suis etudiante or Je suis une etudiante?
French - mk-tintin, Friday, January 25, 2008 at 10:52am
your sentences are correct but for a better translation:
je suis japonais(e) et je suis aussi canadien(ne)
j'étudie à l'université
j'habite Richmond, une ville du canada
j'aime écouter de la musique moderne
French - SraJMcGin, Friday, January 25, 2008 at 7:28pm
BON! Yes, much better word order. Just be sure to capitalize the first letter of each new sentence and the word "Canada."
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- French - 3. Your project will also require 6 adjectives to describe yourself. ...
- french reflexive verbs - are these sentences in past tense correct? je me suis ...
- French - I have to write a pagraph in the passé composé explaining what happened...
- French - I have to write sentences in passé composé, using the subject and verb ...
- french - Can you check my paragraph and make sure its grammatically correct in ...
- french - Passe compose: (Please forgive my accent marks) i know the past ...
- French - Can you check if my paragraph is grammatically correct in passé compos...
- French help please! - I need help with these two French 101 questions please. ...
- French - could you check this please Directions: Write an 8-10 sentence ...
- French - So,if there is no liaison with être, then the "s" in "je suis" is never...