Posted by duff on Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 10:38pm.
100 mL of LiNO3, 0.241 M is mixed with 240 mL of 0.618 M Ca(NO3)2. What is the final concentration of NO3- in the solution?
chem - DrBob222, Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 10:47pm
Just remember the definition of molarity. It is # mols/Liter of solution. That equation can be rearranged to give #mols = M x L.
# mols LiNO3 = 0.241 M x 0.100 L = ??
# mols NO3^- from LiNO3 is the same.
# mols Ca(NO3)2 = 0.618 M x 0.240 L = ??
# mols NO3^- from Ca(NO3)2 is twice that.
Total mols NO3^- = mols from LiNO3 + mols from Ca(NO3)2 = ??
Then molarity NO3^- = mols NO3^-/L of solution.
The volume, of course, is 0.100 L + 0.240 L = ??
chem - casss, Monday, January 26, 2009 at 1:33am
chem - canada, Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 4:58pm
chem - joe, Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 11:39pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - 100 mL of LiNO3, 0.241 M is mixed with 240 mL of 0.618 M Ca(NO3)2. ...
- Analytical Chem - Describe the preparation of 100 mL 0.50 M solution of Fe(NO3)3...
- General Chemistry - A student dissolved 4.00 g of Co(NO3)2 in enough water to ...
- Chemistry - A solution contains 23.1 ppm of dissolved Fe(NO3)3 (241.860g/mol), ...
- AP CHEMISTRY - 30.0 mL of 0.10 M Ca(NO3)2 and 15.0 mL of 0.20 M Na3PO4 solutions...
- Chemistry - A volume of 45.3mL of .719 M Ca(NO3)2 solution is mixed with 82.3mL ...
- chem - I really need these answers to balance the net ionic equation or make it ...
- 10th grade - The addition of which nitrate salt will cause a decrease in the ...
- chem - I just need to know the net ionic equation and balance them. I figured ...
- Chemistry - Solubility Rules!! Homework problem I desperately need help with ...