Posted by e.v.a on Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 8:29pm.
I hope i can be helped with this question and i would be really grateful. I have being given an essay and the question goes like this. "How can helping others make one great". I would like at least three examples. Thank you.
- Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 8:35pm
Some of the most famous people who became great from helping others were:
Abraham Lincoln who kept the nation together and freed the slaves
Mohandas K. Gandhi who championed the poor people of India and helped his country become independent
Mother Teresa who ministered to the sick and poor in India
Martin Luther King, Jr. who helped African-Americans gain their civil rights
Sojourner Truth who led many slaves to freedom
President Theodore Roosevelt who established our national park system
- Social Studies - JdS, Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 8:36pm
helping others helps your self estime, when a friend takes your advice in something means that they trust you an d it makes you more confident about yourself.
- Social Studies - MattsRiceBowl, Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 9:22pm
Remember also to identify the difference between empowering someone and enabling them.
The people Ms. Sue mentioned were empowering people. They were able to give people the strength to do what they felt was the right thing.
The Civil Rights movement in America got a huge kick start when Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat on the bus. Nobody held her hand during that time and said she should do it - she was empowered to do it on her own.
The people who truly help others give them independence. A king is not necessarily empowered if he relies on his servants to do everything for him. He might have millitary power, but not real power.
Something to think about!
- Social Studies - e.v.a, Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 9:34pm
- Social Studies - e.v.a, Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 9:30pm
Thanks guys, i think im all set now for what i have in mind. you have been of great help
- Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 9:47pm
You're very welcome! :-)
Answer this Question
- college essay - Hi i posted a part of my essay this morning and your comments ...
- social studies - i have a project in which i have to make a board game and ask ...
- Check my Essay? - The story I am writing about is similar to a song called "...
- Social Studies - Ms. Sue, you are so awesome! I know this is not a question, but...
- Essay - Would this essay be good? Anything I should add? I still need like 200 ...
- Creative Writing - I gathered some ideas yesterday for my essay on: Being an ...
- Social Studies - Many of you gave me really good suggestions, THANKS. But I have...
- Personal - I have a question about like life... it relates to school as well. ...
- math-moneyfractions - i have some math questions that i really ,really,need help...
- Human Service - I am still trying to understand this question. I need to ...