Posted by Jeanine on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 at 8:03pm.
1. How do you know when something is gas?
2. What is gas made of? [I think it's molecules and atoms?]
3. How do you know when something is matter? [I believe that when something has a mass and volume..its matter. Is that correct?
4. Is gas matter? [This question got me confused because we were taught that gas is a form of matter, but it has no definite shape or volume so why is it matter?
5. Does air take up space? How do you know?
6. Does air always take up the same amount of space? [I think it's no but I don't know how to explain it.]
These are the questions from my worksheets that I mostly have troubles with and I need to be cleared up on it please. Thank you.
- science- I need help! - bobpursley, Wednesday, January 23, 2008 at 8:19pm
1) well, how do you know if something is solid or liquid? Now compare that to what is not solid or liquid, that is a gas.
4) Gasses have volume, even if it is not definite. The also have mass.
5) Does air take up space? What is in the atmosphere?
6) No. Air is compressible (think of a tire pump, or a ballon).
- science- I need help! - aj, Wednesday, January 23, 2008 at 8:27pm
1. Well you cant see a gas, but you can feel it.
5. Air does take up space but not in the same amount.
6. Since air has no definite shape or volume, it does not take up the same amount of space. Like there would be more air in a party balloon than in a 35 mL syringe.
Is all of this correct?
- science- I need help! - bobpursley, Wednesday, January 23, 2008 at 8:46pm
One is correct. The other two are almost there, they need rewording....on 5 do you mean the volume can vary with pressure and temp...on 6, do you mean that compressed gas has more mass than an equal weight of uncompressed gas, both of the same volume?
- science- I need help! - aj, Wednesday, January 23, 2008 at 9:26pm
For number one I means that air can take up different amount of space. For example, there will be more amount of air in a small balloon than in a bigger balloon.
And for number 6, I meant something similar to 5.
- science- I need help! - shay, Thursday, January 31, 2008 at 9:36pm
why was the telscope made
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - 1. How do you know when something is gas? 2. What is gas made of? [I ...
- English - I have a question about quoting. If I have a sentence like: Something ...
- Science - Check my answers please? Imagine that you remove all the atoms from a ...
- speech help: quotes - I'm trying to find quotes for my speech. One point i'm ...
- English **PLEASE HELP** - In Romeo and Juliet, I remember there was something ...
- Calculus (Partial Fractions) - My Calculus class just started Partial Fractions...
- Science - What is something that I can compare an animal or plant cell to? I ...
- chemistry - how many molecules are in 5.5 moles of oxygen gas? How many atoms ...
- Science, Astrenomey - This is my theory, read well if you wish to know the truth...
- english - The word CAN is used to refer to A. the ability to do something B. ...