Posted by amy on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 7:11pm.
A small firm produces AM and AM/FM car radios. The AM radios take 15 hours to produce, and the AM/FM radios take 20 hours. The number of production hours is limited to 300 hours per week. The plantís capacity is limited to a total of 18 radios per week, and existing orders require that at least 4 AM radios and at least 3 AM/FM radios be produced a week. Write a system of inequalities representing this situation. Then draw a graph of the feasible region given these conditions, in which x is the number of AM radios and y the number of AM/FM radios.
- math - Damon, Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 8:51pm
This seems to be linear programming night
let number of AMs be x
let number of FMs be y
15 x + 20 y </= 300 hour limit line
x+y </= 18 number limit line
the hour limit line hits the y axis at (0,15) and the x axis at (20,0)
the number limit line hits the y axis at (0,18) and the x axis at (18,0)
we have a vertical line at x = 4
and a horizontal line at y =3
now find intersections (vertices)
(4,48) intersection of x = 4 with hours limit line
(12,6) intersection of hours line and numbers line
(15,3) intersection of numbers line with horizontal line at y = 3
Draw straight lines around the vertices and you have your region inside.
- Linear programming - Damon, Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 8:54pm
Label questions like this "linear programming" so people who do linear programming will help.
- math - Anonymous, Monday, January 28, 2008 at 5:25pm
Can I get some questions for how to do capacity
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra, word problem - A small firm produces both AM and AM/FM car radios. The ...
- business - The Pyrotec Company produces three electrical products-clocks, radios...
- linear programming - The Pyrotec Company produces three electrical products-...
- Math Calculus - A firm finds that it can sell all the radios it manufactures st ...
- math - a factory wanted to produce 7600 radios. at first, they planned to ...
- Economics/Marginal Analysis - 21st Century Electronics has discovered a theft ...
- math - A dealer bought some radios for a total of $1,200. She gave away 6 radios...
- College Algebra - A manufacturer of radios estimates that his daily cost of ...
- inequalities - A home-based company produces both hand-knitted scarves and ...
- Math - The formula N = 10(4') gives N, the number of bacteria present in a ...