Posted by Usher on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 5:44pm.
Why is it that everything to the ZERO power equals one?
math... help plz (not hard) - Quidditch, Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 5:54pm
Each time you multiply a number by itself you increment the exponent:
Each time you divide a number by itself you decrement the exponent:
(A^3)/A = A^2
(A^2)/A = A^1 = A
A/A = 1 = A^0
Hope this helps.
math... help plz (not hard) - mk-tintin, Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 6:00pm
but in fact the best argument
if x is a number
but i don't know if you know exp and log functions lol
math... help plz (not hard) - Damon, Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 6:04pm
If you have a calculator try raising some number to smaller and smaller powers and see what happens.
100^.0000001 = 1.000000461
math... help plz (not hard) - Reiny, Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 6:42pm
Here is another explanation
If you accept the rules of exponents then
x^a/x^a = x^(a-a) = x^0
but x^a/x^a = 1 since any number divided by itself is 1
so x^0 = 1
math... help plz (not hard) - mk-tintin, Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 7:14pm
i don't know what is your level in maths..
so you can write x^a/x^a=1
but,in fact,it's wring because it's not defined for x=0
so your answer is right but in high school it's wrong...
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math (extra credit)! - my teacher asked me why a number to the zero power is ...
- dividing monomials - i don't know what to do when their is a smaller number on ...
- Writing?! - does anyone know good realistic fiction topics and conflicts? i love...
- Math - i have to write this out in word form because it doesn't look rite when ...
- Math - Wha are the roots of x to the second power divided by x minus six equals ...
- math - how do i solve the following: 6 X 10 to the power of one + 5 X 10 to the ...
- math,correction,plz - Can someone who has a few minutes could you please correct...
- math - the only integer n for which n equals x to the y power equals y to the x ...
- MATH - THANK YOU If a power series equals zero, does it converge or diverge? (I'...
- Math - ok so i'm kinda sort of confused... I had this for a equation X^2 + 4X - ...