Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 3:23pm.
A girl crossed a pure short, black haired animal with a pure long, brown haired individual (cross A). The F1 consisted of 10 individuals who had all the same phenotypes. She interbred this F1 generation (cross B) and counted the offspring, which consisted of 160 guinea pigs with the following phenotypes: 91 with short, black hair
29 with short, brown hair
28 with long, black hair and 12 with long, brown hair.
Show cross A and give the results.
Show cross B and in doing so give the phenotypes and genotypes the breeder obtained.
- biology, plz help! - bobpursley, Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 6:41pm
from the phenotypes, it is apparent that short is dominant to long, and black is dominant to brown.
ss BlBl x ll Br Br
sl Bl Br
Sl Bl Br
these are the two genotypes in Cross A, all have the same phenotype (short, Black)
Sl Bl Br x Sl Bl Br
ss Bl Bl
ss Br Br
ss Br Bl
Sl Bl Bl
Sl Bl Br
Sl Br Br
ll Bl Br
ll Bl Bl
ll Br Br
Can you figure it now? It is making each possible combination of
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- biology - A girl crossed a pure short, black haired animal with a pure long, ...
- BIOLOGY - A girl crossed a pure short, black haired animal with a pure long, ...
- Biology - Genetics - Please help me!!!! I need help with this practice test ...
- biology urgent - In mice, a gene controlling coat colour has 2 alleles; B (...
- biology (genetics) - A pure-breeding white mouse with a long tail was crossed to...
- Latin - I took out the Latin Rosetta Stone from the library and im at the end of...
- biology - A dominant gene A produces wire-haired texture in dogs. Its recessive ...
- biology - If short hair (L) is dominant to long hair (l), then to determine the ...
- Genetics - A pure-breeding white mouse with a long tail was crossed to pure-...
- biology - A poultry farmer hopes to profit from the current craze for keeping ...