Posted by Gabby on Monday, January 21, 2008 at 10:39pm.
is this a good paragraph on the differences and similarities between the U.S. and Thailand???
When people hear the about the countries, United States and Thailand, the fact that they are in two different sides of the world is the first thing that comes to mind. Although one of the countries is in North America and the other is in Asia, they do have things in common. They do also have differences. Thailandís government is a constitutional monarchy, while the Untied States is a democracy. Thailand is run by King Phumiphon Aduhyadet and the Untied States is run by our president. Thailand also includes a Prime Minister. Although they are two completely different types of governments, they do both have a legislative branch and a court system. The legislative branch does include a senate in both countries. In both countries, the court system includes a Supreme Court. All voters in both countries must be 18 or older and must be a citizen of the country.
- social studies/writing - Writeacher, Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 6:29am
Whenever you are writing a comparison/contrast paper (paragraph, essay, research paper), you need to plan it out very carefully on paper first. I don't see signs of this planning in your paper. I also don't see any kind of conclusion.
1. Write all the information about Thailand into one set of sentences.
2. Write all the information about the US into another set of sentences.
3. Then put them back together in this order:
1. Intro sentence
2. All about Thailand
~~~2B. king & prime minister
~~~2D. court system
~~~2E. voter requirements
3. All about US
~~~3D. court system
~~~3E. voter requirements
4. Concl sentence.
There are two recognized patterns for writing comparison/contrast papers. One is casually referred to as "zig-zag" (which is what you have done) and is very confusing for the reader. The other is topic-by-topic (which is what I've outlined above) and is much easier for the reader to follow.
See http://leo.stcloudstate.edu/acadwrite/comparcontrast.html for further help with comparison/contrast writing.
Once you have reorganized your information, please repost.
- social studies/writing - bobpursley, Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 6:33am
Your writing appears to be disjointed. Did you write sentences one after the other, or did you have a plan?
I find that making a brief set of bullet notes first, or an outline , it helps me to figure out what I want to say and how to make my point. This is the most important part of writing: knowing what you want to write, and how to state it.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- country report - Waht kind of music do they listen to in Thailand? I'm doing a ...
- college math - given the bar graph below create a grouped frequency distribution...
- Math Help - A map of Asia has a scale of 1.5 inches=300 miles. The distance ...
- math - 12/35 stamps are from Asia. Of these Asian stamps 5/16 are from Thailand...
- Social Studies - Could someone give me some major differences and similarities ...
- Soc. Studies - What was the outcome of the Alliance for Progress? A.Americans ...
- socia studies - Free trade has led to more manufacturing jobs in Mexico because ...
- English Language Arts - My Teacher Wanted Us To Write a Paragraph on The ...
- error analyze - Can you check grammatical error, word use error and sentence ...
- Teacher needs help!! Thanks - I am pre-school teacher who wants to administer a ...