Posted by Eric on Monday, January 21, 2008 at 12:08pm.
I need alot of help on this problem, it is due WEDNESDAY and I have no clue how to do it
Use the following information to identify element A and come
pound B, then answer questions a and b.
An empty glass container has a mass of 658.572 g. It has a
mass of 659.452 g after it has been filled with nitrogen gas at a
pressure of 790. torr and a temperature of 15°C. When the container
is evacuated and refilled with a certain element (A) at a
pressure of 745 torr and a temperature of 26"C, it has a mass of
Compound B, a gaseous organic compound that consists of
85.6% carbon and 14.4% hydrogen by mass, is placed in a stainless
steel vessel (10.68 L) with excess oxygen gas. The vessel is
placed in a constant-temperature bath at 22°C. The pressure in
the vessel is 1 1.98 atm. In the bottom of the vessel is a container
that is packed with Ascarite and a desiccant. Ascarite is asbestos
impregnated with sodium hydroxide; it quantitatively absorbs
2NaOH(s) + CO2(g) -----> Na2CO3(s) H2O(l)
The desiccant is anhydrous magnesium perchlorate, which
quantitatively absorbs the water produced by the combustion reaction
as well as the water produced by the above reaction. Neither
the Ascarite nor the desiccant reacts with compound B or
oxygen. The total mass of the container with the Ascarite and
desiccant is 765.3 g.
The combustion reaction of compound B is initiated by a
spark. The pressure immediately rises, then begins to decrease,
and finally reaches a steady value of 6.02 atm. The stainless steel
vessel is carefdly opened, and the mass of the container inside
the vessel is found to be 846.7 g.
A and B react quantitatively in a 1: 1 mole ratio to form one
mole of the single product, gas C.
a. How many grams of C will be produced if 10.0 L of A and
8.60 L of B (each at STP) are reacted by opening a stopcock
connecting the two samples?
b. What will be the total pressure in the system?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- gen 300 - Identify a problem in your day-to-day life you would like to solve (e....
- Gen - i need help or suggestions answering these please.. Identify what ...
- Chemistry :) - Balance the following redox equation and identify the element ...
- English - State the meaning of the word eradicate as it is used in the ...
- Honors Chemistry - In my vocabulary crossword puzzle, I have one clue answer ...
- Chemistry - Use the following information to identify element A and come pound B...
- math - this is the 5th grade problem. This is exactly what I have. Rosa and her ...
- gen200 - • Identify a problem in your day-to-day life that you would like to ...
- English - State the meaning of the word eradicate as it is used in the following...
- Science - I need to write a paper (1500-2500)on Scientific Inquiry. I need to ...