Posted by Lisa on Friday, January 18, 2008 at 9:47pm.
For PLANETS, find the number of :
4-letter words which must include a L and A
For MAMMALS, find the munber of:
a) 7-letter words
b) 7-letter word beggining with MA
c) 4-letter words
i) all letters different
ii) 2 letters same,2 different
iii) 2 pairs same leeters
iv) 3 letters same
Data Management - drwls, Friday, January 18, 2008 at 10:25pm
Can letters be used twice? Do the words have to be in the dictionary?
Data Management - Lisa, Friday, January 18, 2008 at 11:01pm
Data Management - drwls, Saturday, January 19, 2008 at 1:50am
In that case, for PLANETS, the possible four-letter combinations (in any order) are 5 x 4 = 20. For each combination, there are 4! = 24 ways (permutations) for arranging the letters. That makes 20x24 = 480 possible "words". Most will not be in the dctionary.
Try your own reasoning with the MAMMALS problem. We will be glad to critique your work.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- data management - For MAMMALS, find the munber of: a) 7-letter words b) 7-letter...
- probobility - 4 -letter "words" are formed using the letters A, B, C, D, E, F, G...
- History - Even though I asked this before, can you please help me with this and ...
- language - spade, sparkle, sparrow, special, specific, speckle, speech, spill, ...
- Maths - 1)A two-figure number is written down at random. Find the probability ...
- Math - From the word COMBINE, how many different 7 letter words are possible...
- English - I'm a 7 Letter Words, You Read me daily, My 5, 6, 7th Letter increases...
- history - need these letters unscrambled to make a nine letter word relating to ...
- Geography - im doing this geography crossword. could you help me figure out what...
- 5th grade math - How do you do letter equations? "Each letter in the equation ...