Posted by Natalie on Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 9:42pm.
I need some help with pluperfect/future perfect translations.
I shall meet
You (singular) will arrive
You (plural) will leave
They will carry
They will put on
I can't figure them out for the life of me! Thanks, Natalie
- Latin - Writeacher, Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 9:54pm
I don't see any pluperfect or future perfect tenses here. The equivalents in English would be like these:
I had met him before I met her.
They will have carried the food to the beach by the time we get there.
Your sentences are all in the future tense -- regular future tense.
- Latin - Natalie, Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 10:06pm
That's what the chapter was about, though. Pluperfect and future perfect I mean. I'm just seriously stuck because my translations don't fit into the blanks on my worksheet.
- Latin - SraJMcGin, Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 11:12pm
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. Here is some help with Latin tenses:
1. (Perfect): http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Latin/Lesson_5-Perfect_Indicative
2. (Future & Past Perfect/Pluperfect): http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Latin/Lesson_7-Future_and_Past_Perfect
3. (Latin Conjugations): http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~econrad/lang/lv.html
4. (table of Latin verbs): http://www.informalmusic.com/latinsoc/verbs/
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. None of the guests (has, have) left. 2. Each of these apples (is, ...
- Latin Practice - Can someone give me some singular to plural and plural to ...
- latin - how do you do this? 2nd person, future perfect, plural of augeo, augere...
- English grammar - (with words that indicate portions) If the object of the ...
- Latin - When you're conjugating an -ere verb, such as docere, when do you put ...
- Spanish for Whitney - In case you don't go back to your other post, I don't want...
- Latin - The perfect system of the indicative active includes what tenses? ...
- French for Mischa - PERSONAL PRONOUNS SUBJECT PRONOUNS Singular je (j') = I tu...
- Latin Practice - Can you give me some basic sentences that I can turn masculine ...
- Grammar - he indefinite pronoun “few” is A) plural B) singular C) singular or ...