Posted by Hannah on Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 6:15pm.
what are the mistakes in this sentence?
Mr.Gappy had ate a few of the lady's marvelous doughnuts.
writing - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 6:23pm
The verb ate is incorrect.
The principal parts of the verb eat are:
Present: I always eat cereal for breakfast.
Past: Yesterday I ate pancakes.
Past participle: I had eaten too many pancakes before I got sick.
What change do you think you should make in this sentence?
writing - Hannah, Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 6:25pm
ate should be eaten?
writing - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 6:26pm
Mr. Grappy had eaten a few of the lady's marvelous doughnuts.
writing - Hannah, Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 6:28pm
writing - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 6:34pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Sentence - We could have ------ lunch with them Had ate Eat Ate Eaten I choose ...
- Reading - Is lady or lunch lady a proper noun in the following sentence? The ...
- english (parts of a sentence) - Is (the worried lady) in the following sentence ...
- writing - what are the mistakes in these sentences The lady and Homer was ...
- English - 1. They made a mistake. 2. They made two mistakes in composition. 3. ...
- English - We could have _____ lunch with them. Which of the following options ...
- English - I'm pleased you can help me this week, too, Writeacher. Just a few ...
- writing skills - 6. Which of these is a run-on sentence? A. You and I and the ...
- WRITING SKILLS PART 1 - Which of these is a run-on sentence? A. I thought about ...
- English (Check/Help) - Read each sentence, and determine if it contains an ...