Science - please please help
posted by Kim on .
1. Explain why conduction, convection, and advection cannot occur in space.
^is it cause there is no gravity in space?
2. Does warm water rise or fall in cold water? Explain why this happens.
3. Explain why rocks and soil are poor heat sinks.
Thanks in advance.
never mind about the third one.
i just thought of it. Is it cause rocks and soil have low albedo?
1. Outer space is a vacuum; therefore, there is no air molecules to support convecton, etc.
2. This question isn't very clear. If the warm water is on top of the cold water, it CAN'T rise or fall; however, it will remain on top. If the warm water is below the cold water, the cold water will fall and the warm water will rise.