Posted by Kim on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 at 8:58pm.
I need to find out events that are part of adolescences lives in korea.
.. btw, would Koreans celebrate their 16th birthday party like how they celebrate it in North America?
- please help! asap. thank you! - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 15, 2008 at 9:03pm
I've asked a Korean-American friend to answer this question.
- please help! asap. thank you! - Jin, Tuesday, January 15, 2008 at 9:26pm
Although 16th birthday is not usually as special as the 18th birthday, we do still celebrate it in Korea. The legal drinking/driving age is 19. Valentines Day is usually big when the girls give the guys chocolates. Also, there is also such thing as the "White Day" when guys would give girls some sort of candy - anything from lollipops to just plain hard candy. Teens keep many anniversaries also, especially those who have girl/boyfriends (100th day and 365th day are pretty big)
And of course we celebrate Christmas. It's one of the major holidays teens celebrate.
- please help! asap. thank you! - Kim, Tuesday, January 15, 2008 at 10:16pm
so for your 18th birthday, you hold a party like a 16th birthday party? ..is there any traditions of some sort?
For those couples.. do you mean the 100th and 365th day they are together?
Thanks so much for your help!
- please help! asap. thank you! - Jin, Tuesday, January 15, 2008 at 10:35pm
Yes. 18th birthday is usully more "valued" in a sense you have more freedom. 16th birthday - not so much. It's not like you can get a license or anything like that. Teens in Korea celebrate their 18th birthdays with their friends usually at a restaurant or even karaoke room. Lots of food, presents, and a birthday song. I can't think of any obvious traditions other than that because it's very much like how we celebrate it here.
And yep! I meant 100th and 365th day they (the couples) are together.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Spanish 7th grade-Could someone help me, please? - I have a question Is the Dia ...
- Spanish-SraJMcGin I'm confused at your answer-plea - I'm confused by your reply-...
- english - The relationship between these two sentences are: Comparison Is this ...
- INTERESTING FACT AND CHRISTMAS - TOMMOROW IS CHRISTMAS AND ALSO MY AUNT'S ...
- english - how i celebrate my birthday?
- Spanish: Please check answers - Please check my answers. The answers are at ...
- English - could you please check these sentences? Thank you. 1) Today we ...
- math - Chris received $1 on his first birthday,$3 on his second birthday,$6 on ...
- Religion - What is the difference between the sacramental priesthood and ...
- math - Your great uncle gave you $2 on your first birthday, $4 on your 2nd ...