Posted by MEGAN on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 at 6:32pm.
WHAT IS THE PREDICATE IN THE SENTENCE
I GAVE AN APPLE TO THE HORSE.
1ST GRADE GRAMMAR - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 15, 2008 at 6:48pm
The subject is I.
The rest of the sentence is the predicate.
1ST GRADE GRAMMAR - amaris, Wednesday, October 1, 2008 at 11:38pm
1ST GRADE GRAMMAR - Liam, Tuesday, January 15, 2008 at 6:51pm
meaning (one of 2 main parts of a sentence the other being the subject)
PREDICATE/ tells somthing about the subject
example (giving the apple to the horse) is your Predicate.
another example of Predicate in brackets
Judy (ran with her dog)
1ST GRADE GRAMMAR - Nikki, Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 8:19am
"I" is the subject.
"gave an apple to the horse." is the predicate.
1ST GRADE GRAMMAR - kathy, Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 2:18pm
we can learn a lot from him
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- GRAMMAR - Question: A predicate is the part of the sentence that always contains...
- 9th grade english - diagramming the sentence LATE IN THE EVENING ROBERT CAME ...
- English - (1) Eric watched the news on TV. (2) His father watched the news on ...
- grammar - What is the simple subject in this sentence Who cares if she's in 3rd ...
- grammar - can you explain the predicate and complete predicate in a sentence
- Grammar - Can someone correct my answers, please? I really need help! (...
- grammar - if your baby does not like cold apple juice, it should be heated. I ...
- english - in each sentence is a Direct object, a predicate noun, or a predicate ...
- 2nd grade english - What is a predicate? What is the subject & predicate of the ...
- grammar - What is the complete subject and predicate and simple subject and ...