Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, January 13, 2008 at 10:12pm.
How would you solve the following inequality algebraically?
0.5(x + 2)^2 (x - 4) > 2x + 3
How would you solve the following inequality - Damon, Monday, January 14, 2008 at 10:59am
I would graph it to get close and look for intersections numerically.
You know that the cubic at left hits the x axis three times, grazes at x = -2 and crosses at x = 4
it starts at the lower left, y is big negative if x is big negative
then it bounces off the x axis at x = -2 and drips down to cross the y axis at y = -8 then goes up through x = 4 to x big + x and big +y on the right
the straight line on the right goes through (0,3) and (-3/2,0)
The curve crosses the line somewhere between x - -2and x = 0
You can see that the curve is above the line at the lower left but may cross for large negative x and it dips below at the lower right but might come up and cross agin for large + x
I would have to search for those crossings numerically.
How would you solve the following inequality - Damon, Monday, January 14, 2008 at 11:19am
Once you have one root numerically, you can factor that out and be left with a quadratic.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pre-Algebra - Solving it would give u x = -4...but I am not sure how you would ...
- Algebra 2(check) cont.. - 1)solve the inequality -3(r-11)+15>_9 my answer = r...
- Solve the inequality - Solve the inequality algebraically 8x-3 ≥ -3x^2
- Algebra - I don't get how you would know which way to shade the inequality when ...
- equations & inequalities - 1.simplify this expression 4p+9+(-7p)+2=? a.3p+11 b....
- Algebra - Solve each inequality algebraically:how do I solve this problem? What ...
- algebra II - 14. Solve the inquality -3(r-11) + 15 equal or greater than 9. 15....
- algebra URGENT HELP - analyze the graph of the following function solve R(x)=x(x...
- Algebra - Solve the following linear inequality graphically. x+2y<4 x-y<5 ...
- Pre-Algebra - Can someone please show me how to solve these problems step-by-...