Posted by Erin(im so confused!) on Sunday, January 13, 2008 at 9:08pm.
solve the porportion:
- Math... - Jake1214, Sunday, January 13, 2008 at 9:11pm
9 and 15 are the numerators
12 and ? are the denominators
Start the problem by setting up an equation by multiplying the numerators with the denominators like this:
9 x ? = 12 x 15
Now just solve for ?
- Math... - Damon, Sunday, January 13, 2008 at 9:16pm
It is ok to cross multiply but I prefer to multiply both sides by the product of the denominators. It is easier to justify by the rules of equation solving.
(9/12)(12 x) = (15/x)(12 x)
9 x = 15*12
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - Solve each porportion. 2/3 = 1.2/x x=?
- Pre algebra - Solve the porportion w/7 is equal to 36/42
- algebra - solve the porportion 2/7 = x/42 the answer is below, but which one A...
- math156 - x/3 = x+10/6 it would read as x over 3 = x plus 10 over 6 I have no ...
- math - exmple of porportion and ratios in your daily lives.
- Statistics - Test a claim p=0.5 with the significance level of 0.05 and n=49 ...
- Math Help! - Mrs. Miller sells a house for $179,000. If she earns a commission ...
- Math help please - 1. Solve for x. 4(x - b) = x b = 4/3x b = 3/4x x = 4/3b x = 3...
- Math - For every girl taking classes at the martial arts school, there are 3 ...
- math 12 - i got the wrong answer from the back, and i know that imnot dooing it ...