Posted by Ashlynn on Sunday, January 13, 2008 at 6:22pm.
I posted this earlier in the day but no one answered. Can anyone help with these problems?
1. 8x3 + 2x3 – 12x –3
3.125 – 8x3
Algebra - bobpursley, Sunday, January 13, 2008 at 6:51pm
The second one is the sum of perfect cubes, for which you have a formula.
The third is the difference of perfect cubes, same formula almost.
The first I assume is 8x^3+2x^2-12x-3=0 This is not going to factor nicely, I suggest you graph it on your calculator, and take a look at the roots. Not a nice function.
Algebra - Ashlynn, Sunday, January 13, 2008 at 7:27pm
I don't have a graphing calculator. Is there another way to find the roots so I can factor the problem? And I'm sorry I don't know what formula you are talking about for 1 and 2.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Factor completely: 1. 8x3 + 2x3 – 12x –3 2. 27x3+8 3.125 – 8x3
- Math: Please check my answers - 1. What is the degree of the monomial 3x2y3? 2 3...
- calculus - find all discontinuities (16x/2x3-8x3=0)
- Math - List the terms and coefficients. 8x3 – 4x2 + 3 Write using positive ...
- Math - 1. 13/5x25/39= 2.4 3/7 devide 7/7= 3.105/31 devide 5/62= 4.5 5/9x 90/100...
- math - 1x3=3, 2x3=6, 3x3=9, 4x3=12, 5x3=5, 6x3=18, 7x3=21, 8x3=24, 9x3=27, 10x3=...
- Algebra - I posted this earlier but it didn't get answered. So I'm posting it ...
- Algebra - Please let me know if I answered these correctly. thank you, #2. Add: ...
- algebra - factor the expression 4xsquared+35x+24 my answer: (4x+3)(x-8) 4x2 +35x...
- Math - The inflection point of the curve y = x4 − 8x3 + 24x2 + 7x − ...