Posted by Christian on Saturday, January 12, 2008 at 8:02pm.
1. Write a polynomial in standard form that has solutions: 0, -2, 3
2. Write a trinomial that has a degree of 4 and a lead coefficient of -3
3. True of false: 3/x^2 is a polynomial expression
- Algebra 2 - Count Iblis, Saturday, January 12, 2008 at 8:03pm
1. Write a polynomial in standard form that has solutions: 0, -2, 3:
Expand this to write it in standard form.
- Algebra 2 - Christian, Saturday, January 12, 2008 at 8:09pm
So the answer would be x^2+2x-6 for #1?
- Algebra 2 - Damon, Saturday, January 12, 2008 at 8:17pm
x^2 + 2 x - 6 is not correct
x(x+2)(x-3) is going to have an x^3 in it for starters
Multiply that all out more carefully.
- Algebra 2 - Christian, Saturday, January 12, 2008 at 8:23pm
Ok I see my mistakes on #1. Thanks for the help.On #3 I don't think it is a polynomial but I'm not sure. Can anyone help with #2?
- Algebra 2 - Damon, Saturday, January 12, 2008 at 8:29pm
I am sure. Negative powers of x are not allowed in the definition of polynomial.
write an expression with three terms
the first term, with the highest power of x has a coef of -3
That highest power of x is 4
the other two terms can have x^3, x^2, x^1 (which is x) and x^0 (which is one)
- Algebra 2 - Christian, Saturday, January 12, 2008 at 9:14pm
What do you mean negative powers of x? The expression is 3 over x squared. But it isn't a polynomial expression right?
- Algebra 2 - Damon, Saturday, January 12, 2008 at 9:54pm
3/x^2 = 3 x^-2
- Algebra 2 - Christian, Saturday, January 12, 2008 at 10:25pm
Thanks. For #2 can it be 5x^4+2x^3+7x^2+4x+1? Promise I'm done asking after this!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra II - write a fourth degree polynomial function a leading coefficient o 1...
- Algebra 2 - The Question(s):: Write the polynomial 2-2x+5x^2-2x^5 in standard ...
- pre cal - Write a polynomial function of minimum degree with real coefficients ...
- college algebra - 1.write the formula for the function that has degree 3 and ...
- algebra - Write the expression in standard form. Then identify the polynomial by...
- Algebra - Hi! My name is Jason... today I have 2 problems for you both having to...
- Algebra 2! - 1.) ƒ(x) = (x^4)/4 − 3x^3 + (23x^2)/2 - 15x. Find the x ...
- Algebra - Give the degree and classify the polynomial by the number of terms. A...
- math - 1.binomial 2.degree of monomial 3.monomial 4.perfect-square trinomial 5....
- MATH - write, in extended form, a polynomial(with real coefficients) of degree 3...