Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, January 8, 2008 at 2:35pm.
p=42>21 and 2
this can't be the answer. am i missing a step? please help, thanks
algebra - drwls, Tuesday, January 8, 2008 at 2:53pm
You are not starting out with an equation, since you have no number on the right side, just a ?. Therefore x could be anything
If you are supposed to solve the equation
2x^2 -11 x -21 = 0,
then factor it into
(2x +3)(x-7) = 0
That tells you that the answers are x = -3/2 and x = 7.
If you are trying to use the quadratic formula
x = [-b +/- sqrt(b^2-4ac)]/2a
to get the answers, then b = -11 and c = -21. You got the signs wrong. I have no idea what your a*c product and p are supposed to sigfnify.
algebra - Simcha, Tuesday, January 8, 2008 at 3:02pm
possible technique to factor trinomials
in the form of ax^2+bx+c
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- ALGEBRA 1 - I need to simplify a rational expression. 2xsquared+11x-6/x+6
- algebra 2 - SImplify the expressions. 1. x to the seventh times 1/x squared 2. (...
- math - 2xsquared y (3xysquared-2y)-3xysquared(2xsquared y -5x) how do you do ...
- Algebra 1 - f(x)=xcubed - 2xsquared + 4x-7, what is f(0)
- algebra - (2xsquared -1)+(3x-4)+(xsqaured-3x+3
- Algebra 1 - what are the zeros of the function? f(x)=2xsquared + 7x +3
- ALGEBRA(sorry I forgot this one) - 4. -2xsquared+3x-7 when x=4
- Algebra 1 - (3xsquared-8x+1)(-2xsquared+-2) (i wrotee squared because i don't ...
- Algebra 2 - indicate whether the function is quadratic. (-5x-4)(-5x-4) then 2(x+...
- math - simplify 2xcubed+3x+5 divided by x+1. i am finding 2x squared-3x-5 and ...