Posted by John on Tuesday, January 8, 2008 at 9:04am.
I think eating genetically engineered foods are not harmful at all.
I think eating genetically engineered food is not harmful at all.
I think eating genetically modified foods are not harmful at all.
I think eating genetically modified food is not harmful at all.
I think eating GM foods are not harmful at all.
Are all the expressions above correct? which expressions are commonly used?
- English Expressions - Writeacher, Tuesday, January 8, 2008 at 9:08am
Only the second and fourth sentences are correct. The word "eating" (a gerund) is the subject and is singular, so all those sentences with "are" for the verb are incorrect.
- English Expressions - Writeacher, Tuesday, January 8, 2008 at 9:14am
Correction of sorts: "eating" is the subject of its own clause, not the main subject of the entire sentence.
- English Expressions - John, Tuesday, January 8, 2008 at 9:36am
OK. Thank you. What about the form of food? Do we have to use 'food' or 'foods'?
- English Expressions - Writeacher, Tuesday, January 8, 2008 at 9:44am
"food" is fine -- no need to pluralize it.
- English Expressions - John, Wednesday, January 9, 2008 at 9:31am
1. She did her part, and the native speaker did her part. They were cooperative and did their parts properly.
2. Teachers should make students say, act out and work together in class.
3. The quality of a teacher's voice is important in teaching. If she shouts loudly to stop students' making noises, she may hurt her voice. In co-teaching both teaches' voices are essential.
4. As the Korean teacher explained what the native speaker said, students have no difficulty in working with the native speaker.
Would you check the expressions, please?
After watching a co-teaching video, I could analyze as in the above.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English Expressions - Genetically engineered food 1. Do you agree or disagree ...
- English - 1. People all around the world love eating street food. 2. People all ...
- Health - What is an example of having a poor diet? A. Making unhealthy food ...
- English - I just want to know if this paragraph is right, and it doesn't contain...
- sci 241 - hi this is my assignment and i need only 123 more words out of 1400 ...
- SCIENCE - Southern California wastewater discharges have continued to increase ...
- Biology - Have I got the correct answers for all these questions? 1. Explain ...
- sci 241 - could any one PLEASE help me get started on this??? I DO NOT ...
- Science - How might genetically engineered crops help people in hash climates?
- english - is this an example of antithesis? I think it is because it has two ...