Posted by Ashley on Sunday, January 6, 2008 at 10:10am.
Hi! I am trying to solve an order of operation question
would you please check my answer...
I soved it to equal 51
Thanks for your help!!
- math - PsyDAG, Sunday, January 6, 2008 at 10:23am
It looks fine as indicated by this site:
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.
- math - Ashley, Sunday, January 6, 2008 at 10:40am
- math - drwls, Sunday, January 6, 2008 at 10:25am
Depending upon the order of operation, you can get several different answers. You need to use parentheses and brackets to specify the order of operation. In your case, you calculated
36 + [(9/3)*5]= 51
What you wrote could just have easily have been interpreted as
[(36+9)/3]*5 = 75
(36+9)/(3*5) = 3
- math - Lisa, Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 11:50am
can you solve this proble for me 162 x 15/51
- math - Lisa, Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 11:52am
can you solve this problem for me 165 x 15/51
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pre-Algebra 7th - What does 20 divided by 4 minus 5 plus 12 equal? I'm trying to...
- Math - Can you please answer me that question in order of operation : 4 to The 3...
- Math...Algebra :S - Hi, okay um. I'm trying to get his math question (Algebra :o...
- math - Order of Magnitude (I'm not quite understanding it) 1) trying to 0....
- law Ms Sue please re check my answer - i have to pick from the following ...
- math - Which of the following are binary operation.justify your answer. (i) the ...
- math - which of the following are binary operation.justify your answer. (i) the ...
- math check - Peform each indicated operation and simplify. Can you please check ...
- math - how would you solve for y in this problem: x=(y^2+3y)^(1/3) would it ...
- history - What was the secret CIA operation to overthrow the Cuban Government ...