Posted by Alan on Wednesday, January 2, 2008 at 5:02pm.
Buggs made the trip at 40 mph during the first Hiatus. Joan Made the same trip at 50 mph during the second hiatus. How long was teh trip if it took Buggs 2 hours longer than it took Joan.
I know the Distance equals rate X Time and I tried using that meathod three times but i keep coming up with a negative time and i know that that is wrong will someone lead me on the right path???
- Algebra II - Damon, Wednesday, January 2, 2008 at 5:10pm
name rate time distance
Joan- 50 (t-2)___D
40 t = 50(t-2)
40 t = 50 t - 100
-10t = -100
t = +10
- Algebra II - DrBob222, Wednesday, January 2, 2008 at 5:11pm
time it took Joan = X
time it took Buggs = X+2 hrs.
distance each traveled is the same.
distance Joan = r*time = 50t
distance for Buggs = r*time = 40*(X+2)
40*(X+2) = 50X
solve for X = time for Joan.
X+2 = time for Buggs.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 - Bugs made the trip at 40 miles per hour during the first hiatus.joan...
- Algebra - Mark made a business trip of 290 miles. He averaged 56 mph for the ...
- Algebra - Steve made a business trip of 254 miles. He averaged 57 MPH for the ...
- algebra - Can someoe please help me figure this out? During the first part of a ...
- Math - can you help i dnt know what to do so could you tell me how to solve it 1...
- Math - On a business trip a salesman traveled 40 mph for the first third of his ...
- math sos. - dURING THE FIRST PART OF A TRIP, A CONOEIST TRAVELS53 MILES AT A ...
- Algebra - Tom went on a 3 Day road trip in which he drove the same number of ...
- algebra - during the first part of a trip, a conoeist travels 70 miles at a ...
- Algebra - During the first part of a trip, a canoeist travels 98 miles at a ...