Posted by julie on Saturday, December 29, 2007 at 4:50am.
1. Andrew Jackson exerted the power of the presidency by
a. allowing South Carolina to secede from the Union.
b. depositing federal funds in the National Bank.
c. refusing to be bound by Supreme Court decisions.
d. vetoing the Force Act of 1833.
2. The depression of 1837 had its roots in the policies and events of the
a. Tyler administration.
b. Jackson administration.
c. Van Buren administration.
d. Harrison administration.
3. The American System included all of the following except a
a. national transportation system to facilitate trade.
b. protective tariff to protect American industries.
c. decrease in the powers of the federal government.
d. second national bank for a sound financial base.
4. For which group did Jackson help to advance the democratic ideal of equal opportunity?
b. white males
5. Why did President Jackson oppose the National Bank?
a. He felt the bank benefited rich easterners and harmed poorer westerners.
b. He considered the bank to be an unconstitutional exercise of federal powers.
c. He accused the bank of using its lending power to influence legislation.
d. He opposed the National Bank for all the reasons cited above. 6. All of the following played a major role in causing the depression of 1837 except
a. pet and wildcat banks.
b. land speculators.
c. Van Buren's 1840 reelection.
d. the Specie Circular order.
7. Which of the following was not one of the three convictions underlying Jackson's actions as president?
a. increasing political democracy
b. preserving the Union
c. empowering the presidency
d. removing the spoils system
8. By 1819, the United States had acquired from Spain all of the following except
a. the land east of the Mississippi River.
b. the remainder of Spain's claims to Florida.
d. Spain's claims to Oregon.
9. The Industrial Revolution changed the system of manufacturing from
a. factories to home-based production.
b. power-driven machinery back to hand production.
c. home-based production to factory production.
d. profitable to unprofitable production.
10. Labor organizations during the 1820s and 1830s demanded all of the following except
a. longer prison sentences for debtors.
b. higher wages.
c. better working conditions.
d. shorter work days.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- American History - 1. Andrew Jackson exerted the power of the presidency by a. ...
- us history - How did the Nullification Crisis reflect Andrew Jackson's policies...
- history - How did the Nullification Crisis reflect Andrew Jackson's policies? He...
- history - Can someone please help me? :) 1. Which of the following best ...
- History Check My Answer! - Hi! I just have 1 question that I need checking. Why ...
- Social studies - Why did South Carolinians believe that they had the right to ...
- History - Hi can you guys check my answers? 1. During the election of 1824, ...
- history - In 1860 what concerns were brought about during Lincoln's Presidency? ...
- History - 2.)Andrew Jackson did not support a. limited national government b. ...
- Social Studies--Check My Answers Please-- - 1. During the election of 1824, ...