Posted by mitch on Friday, December 28, 2007 at 2:47pm.
I need to write a poem for my English class. The thing is, I don't know how to write a good poem. I've read loads of poems, but I just don't know how to write a good poem.
- English/Poetry - GuruBlue, Friday, December 28, 2007 at 3:16pm
Here are some approaches for writing poetry.
A couple of suggestions : 1) remember that poetry does not have to rhyme or have meter... Free verse works!
2) Chose a topic you have strong feelings about... it doesn't have to be serious feelings, it can be humor.
3) Take a piece of paper and jot down Words you think of when you think of that topic NOT sentences, just words.
Then you can organize those words into your poem.
- English/Poetry - Lehrerin Sagt, Friday, December 28, 2007 at 5:02pm
You received good advice from GuruBlue. HEre's an example of using that advice:
Words to use--Barbie, cute, dresses, careers, fun
Poem from those words--
Barbie is fun
She is cute and wears neat dresses
Barbie shows me I can choose
I can choose a career
I can choose to have a fun career
I can choose to wear neat clothes, too.
This isn't a "good" poem, but it does fill the assignment parameters.
You can also take a word and make a poem from that. Example:
B is for the best she can be
A is for all the careers she does
R is for the really neat stuff she can do
B is for bringing me ideas
I is for what I can do now
E is for everything she has shown me.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- poetry - can someone please give me good links where i can find poetry to read. ...
- Poem Contset!! - There is a poem "contest" at my school and If I write a poem ...
- poetry - i have to write a poem on what i feel poetry is or how i feel about ...
- personification poem - for english class i have to write a poem personifying ...
- English - Identify the sentence that contains NO errors in punctuation or use of...
- English:Poetry - Hi beautiful people :) For English we need to select a poem and...
- poem - i read this book named abduction and my home work is to write a poem ...
- poems - for english class i have to write a poem personifying something. I ...
- Language Arts - Good evening. I have a problem in English Language Arts. I have ...
- algebra probability34 - Your English teacher has decided to randomly assign ...