Posted by robert on Wednesday, December 26, 2007 at 8:18pm.
Solve the compund inequality and graph the solution.
First I did t+2>-4 and I got t>-2 and I did t+2<4 and i got t<2. Then I graphed it and I dot an open dot on 2 and -2. Is this right?
I did 1/2x>-1 and i got x>-2 and i did 1/2x<1 and i got x<2. I graphed it and put a open dot on 2 and -2. Is this right?
math - robert, Wednesday, December 26, 2007 at 9:40pm
no one is answering.
math - Reiny, Thursday, December 27, 2007 at 12:32am
You made a small arithmetic error in
Should have been t > -6
Actually the easiest way to do these questions is to leave the compound inequality as it it and simply perform operations to isolate the variable between the two inequality signs.
In this case:
-4<t+2<4 , now subtract 2 from each of the 3 parts
-4-2 < t+2-2 < 4-2
-6 < t < 2
Place an open dot on the -6 and the 2 and join with a solid line
math - robert, Thursday, December 27, 2007 at 3:48pm
is the second queston right?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Solve the compund inequality and graph the solution. -4<t+2<4 First...
- graphing - which of these is correct description of each inequality as it would ...
- algebra - I just need a quick check before I hand in my work if you would......
- MATH PRE-ALGEBRA - Explain how to know wheather the endpoint of the graph of an ...
- Vectors: Dot product - Given a and b unit vectors if |a+b|=square root 3, ...
- Math - Vectors - If "u = (2,2,-1)", "v = (3,-1,0)" and "w = (1,7,8)", verify ...
- Math/Check - I have a few problems I need you to take a look at and tell me if ...
- Algebra/math - I have a few problems I need you to take a look at and tell me ...
- general math - here's an easy one for starters... what means greater or equal to...
- Math - Hi guys! I am desperately in need of help. I really need to do good on ...