Posted by Jon on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 at 8:53am.
Hi I need someone to check my answers I'll show whatever work I have but for time purposes I'll just post my answers because I think I have most of them correct. Thanks!
1)Find the 20th term of the arithmetic sequence in which a1=3 and d=7.
I chose B
2)Write an equation for the nth term of the arithmetic sequence -3,3,9,15...
I chose B
3)Find the two arithmetic means between 4 and 22.
I chose A
4)Simplify: Find Sn for the arithmetic series in which a1=3,d=1/2,and aN=15
I chose B
5)ok this one's tricky to type but its with sigma so here it is.
There is a sigma sign and there is an 8 on the top of it and k=3 below. In parentheses to the right is (40-3k) and the question is Find.
I chose D. this question is tricky but if you read it slowly and you know about sigma you'll be able to help. Thanks again.
math - Reiny, Wednesday, December 12, 2007 at 9:33am
Your #2 and 4 are not correct
you picked B which is tn = 6n+9
if you let n=1 you get 15 as your first term, you should obtain -3
doesn't C give you that result?
tn = 15
15 = 3 + (n-1)(1/2)
12 = (n-1)/2
24 = n-1
So S25 = 25/2[6 + 24(1/2)]
= 225 which is A
math - Jon, Wednesday, December 12, 2007 at 9:41am
ok thanks. Did you check the others?
math - Reiny, Wednesday, December 12, 2007 at 9:43am
the others were ok
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- General - Please understand that I am not upset with anyone or whatever I just ...
- PreCalc - 1) Determine the value of r (put this number in the first blank) and ...
- Just a message(please read) - First of all I would like to thank everyone for ...
- Math ( Can You check my Work?) - 1.an = 3n - 1 2. an = 2(2n - 3) 3.an = 4^n 4.an...
- Algebra - I was wondering if someone could check over these answers for me. Find...
- statistics - Would someone mind checking me and pointing out which may be ...
- to Nazgul - You have posted the same thing, time after time this morning, and ...
- To Sam: Penn Foster answers - Please do not post any more answers. Jiskha is not...
- algebra - (a minus sqrtx)^2=25 I have no idea of how to work this problem where ...
- I have posted this so many times..can someone help - I need someone to right an ...