Posted by really need help... on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 6:19pm.
Supppose you work for a company that has a 401k plan. Your first-year annual salary is $28,200 and you are contributing 10% of your monthly paycheck onto your 401k.
Write a rule for the amount of money contributed to the plan after "n" months.
Suppose your salary inreases by $1400 each year. Write a rule to describe your salary during the "n"th year.
- MATH!!! - Emi, Monday, December 10, 2007 at 6:23pm
U need to try and figure it out and then ask if it is right. Jiskha is not a tell u the answer website. It is a try and then ask!! OK!!! Now figure it out then ask and then I will help u!! GOOD LUCK!
- MATH!!! - really need help..., Monday, December 10, 2007 at 6:29pm
well for the first one...i came up with
a sub n= 28,200x(.1) to the (n-1) power
is that right?
- MATH!!! - Damon, Monday, December 10, 2007 at 6:35pm
Ah, your monthly salary is 28,200/12 and it is the monthly, not yearly figure you need for the first part.
- MATH!!! - Damon, Monday, December 10, 2007 at 6:41pm
Now we all wish it worked by a power law like that but unfortunately it is just the same amount every month
that amount the first month
that again for a total of 2 thats
that a third time for a total of 3 thats
- MATH!!! - Damon, Monday, December 10, 2007 at 6:45pm
Now do the second part the same way, except now it does indeed go by years.
Again it increases by a constant amount every time period, not by a percentage of the previous amount. That makes it much simpler than it would be otherwise.
- MATH!!! - really need help..., Monday, December 10, 2007 at 6:53pm
okay so if it says ...how much will u have ontributed to the plan after 6 months...should i do:
28,200/12 x (.1)to the n-1 power
or should i not divide by 12?
- MATH!!! - Damon, Monday, December 10, 2007 at 7:25pm
It is not to the power at all
it is just the number of month times the contribution every month which is 2350 times n
- MATH!!! - Damon, Monday, December 10, 2007 at 7:35pm
Now the second one is the same theory, again nothing to a power.
first column year
second column salary
1 28,200 salary increases by $1400 each year.
2 28200+ 1400=29600
3 28200+ 2*1400 =31000
4 28200+ 3*1400 =32400
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Sally Rogers, an employee of Advanced Ideas, Inc. has a gross salary of $...
- mATH part 1 - Sally Rogers, an employee of Advanced Ideas, Inc. has a gross ...
- Math Part 2 - a.Execute the research necessary to understand the basic structure...
- finance - company starting salary 75,000 retirement benefits 401k with annual ...
- math part (c) - 4.The total of your calculations would equal the amount Sally ...
- maTH part (b) - Part (b) 1.Knowing that Sally put 2% of her salary into her 401K...
- GP Calculus - Muthu started working at a company on 1 January 2002 with an ...
- Finance - Now that you have a full time job you are ready to start investing for...
- math - If lessa is paid $2,3500.00 monthly and has $468.00 withheld from each ...
- Statistics - The average annual salary of employees at Wintertime Sports was $28...