Posted by Matt on Saturday, December 8, 2007 at 1:53pm.
Suppose that sunlight falls both on a pair of reading glasses and on a pair of dark sunglasses. Which pair of glasses would you expect to become warmer?
physics - drwls, Saturday, December 8, 2007 at 2:10pm
Almost all sunglasses are made dark by adding an absorbing material to the glass or plastic. Most of the sunlight's energy is converted to heat going through that absorbing material.
Knowing that, what do you think the correct answer is?
physics - drwls, Saturday, December 8, 2007 at 2:16pm
Here is a bit more information that might interest you. I still stand by my previous answer.
Polarizing sunglasses also absorb about 75% of the light going through, regardless of how the incoming light is is polarized. It is possbile to make sunglasses with a dielectic reflective coating that does not absorb light, but it would more expensive to make them that way, and the mirrorlike appearance when seen from the front would be somewhat annoying. Most reflective sunglasses use a partially transmitting metal coating, which does absorb light.
physics - drwls, Saturday, December 8, 2007 at 2:17pm
Your conclusion is incorrect.
physics - Anonymous, Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 12:59am
suppose that sunlight falls both on a pair of reading glasses and dark sunglasses which pair would become warmer
physics - weener, Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 12:31pm
ahh intersting ^^
physics - nananananana, Friday, March 19, 2010 at 8:51pm
akmkamlkankn akjnhaklkn I love you <3
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science - suppose that sunlight falls on both a pair of reading glasses and a ...
- Physics - In sunlight, which becomes warmer: reading glasses or dark sunglasses...
- Math - There are 22 gloves in a drawer. 5 brown pair, 4 green pair, and 2 blue ...
- physics - A pair of glasses are dropped from the top of a 32.0 m high stadium. A...
- project on glasses! - hey. does anybody have any suggestions on a good way to ...
- Math - Logorithms - The intensity, I, of light, in lumens, passing through the ...
- physics - a pair of glasses is dropped from the top of a 36.0 m high stadium. a ...
- math - a sock drawer has 2 blue pair,4 white pair,4 black pair? what is the ...
- math - a sock drawer has 2 blue pair, 4 white pairs, 4 black pair. what is the ...
- Alan - Mark below all of the statments that correctly describe the physical ...