Posted by brittany on Tuesday, December 4, 2007 at 8:34pm.
use a comma after introducttry elements in a sentence...can you give me an example if that kind of sentence??
language arts - Writeacher, Tuesday, December 4, 2007 at 8:41pm
I'll give you more than one:
Introductory adverbial clause --
When we finished eating dinner, my brother and I cleared the table and did the dishes.
Introductory phrase --
On June 26, 2000, my college roommate got married.
language arts - brittany, Tuesday, December 4, 2007 at 8:43pm
language arts - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, December 4, 2007 at 8:43pm
George, will you please turn down the TV.
After you've mowed the lawn, you can play a computer game.
Check this site for more examples.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Language Arts - Identify the correct statement. A) When a complex sentence ...
- Language Arts - Having some trouble on the comma rule with the word "usually". ...
- Language Arts - Need some help on commas. In the sentence....Yes tales also ...
- Language Arts - I've got one more sentence I need help with. On the sentence, "...
- Language Help - 3. Identify the correct statement. When a complex sentence ...
- english - what is introductory material. Provide an example and then explain ...
- language arts - An example of a simple sentence? This is an example of a simple ...
- Language Arts - This is my last comma question of the night. In the sentence, "...
- english - What needs to be done to correct this sentence? Just what would you do...
- language arts - 1. Where should you put one or more hyphens in the following ...