Posted by Matt on Sunday, December 2, 2007 at 1:57pm.
Suppose that Quebec had managed to succeed from Canada and became an independent country. Just to be difficult, they decreed that they will only measure pressure in mm Hg and volume in cm3. What value for R, the ideal gas constant, would students in Quebec use when solving the ideal gas solution?
a) 7.6 x 105
b) 6.23 x 104
- chem - DrBob222, Sunday, December 2, 2007 at 2:11pm
The questions begs for some additional answers. For example, Quebec may MEASURE volume in cc BUT they could also USE liters for V in the equation. Same kind of question for presure. I will assume V is to be used in cc and P in mm Hg.
PV = nRT
P = 760 mm Hg
V = 22,400 cc (for 1 mol gas)
n = 1 mol
R = ??
T = 273.15
Solve for R
Check my thinking.
- chem - Matt, Sunday, December 2, 2007 at 3:59pm
A 1.00 L flask containing 450 torr of H2 is connected to and mixed with a second flask with a volume of 0.500 L containing 250 torr N2. What is the final pressure of the resulting mixed gas system?
a) 250 torr
c) 450 torr
d) 575 torr
e) it cannot be determined
- chem - DrBob222, Sunday, December 2, 2007 at 4:47pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies (Check Answers Please!) - HELP: PART 1 1. What was the result of ...
- Science ASAP - 1. Why is mining important to the economy of the United States? ...
- SCIENCE HELP ASAP! :) - 1. Which statement best explains why the Louisiana ...
- chem - A 31.2 cm3 bubble of air at 1.4 atm pressure is subjected to a new ...
- Science - I'm suppose to make a graph but I'm confused on what would be the ...
- socials - what be decided in 1980 quebec referednum about? what the result? ...
- Socials plese help - I need help with socials homework. Have written parapgraphs...
- CHEMISTRY!! D: - 1. A sample of gas under a pressure of 622 kPa has a volume of...
- Chemistry;HELP - 1. A sample of gas under a pressure of 622 kPa has a volume of...
- Social Studies - A refugee who had just arrived in Canada from a destitute ...