posted by Monica on .
I am supposed to survey people because I am doing a research paper about slang. Can anyone please answer these questions for me? The more answers I get the better. I would appreciate it so much.
1)What kind of slang do you use when text messaging?
2)What kind of sland do you use when chatting online?
3)What kind of slang do you use in real life when talking to friends?
4) Do you ever have problems communicating with those older or younger than you?
5) How did you solve those problems?
1. I don't
2. I don't
3. old Texas metaphors
5. I listen.
1. I don't either.
2. I don't.
3. I tend to adapt my slang terms to those who are listening (see one of my articles).
4. If I do 3 adequately, this minimizes communication problems.
5. Here are some articles I wrote that might help:
Even though one of my areas of expertise is communication (I often give talks on this topic.), I still have problems in communication. However, the problems are relatively minimal and infrequent compared to those of others. If I misspeak or am in error in my communication — and I am made aware of the problem — I apologize and try to rectify my error.
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.