Posted by tamy on Friday, November 30, 2007 at 5:53pm.
ok I finished my essay now and I got this vocabulary finished. I really tried my best using a dictionary website but like i said earlier i just cant seem to tell the difference between some words meanings. all i can say is i tried my best on this. the answers that i chose have a little > beside it.
1. Students found her ____________ lecture hard to follow.
2. Everything about Carlos's financial situation seemed _________ for getting the loan he needed.
3. Josie's __________ experience in the convent chapel led her to choose a religious life.
4. The ___________ team seemed to suffer one unlucky defeat and injury after another.
5. In Charlie's adolescent years, the _________ of his existence cost him his self-confidence.
6. The _________ old apple seller on the street corner used to scare Sarah.
7. The judge severely ____________ his clerks for telling the press about the defendant's case.
8. Jessica gave a ___________ account of the conversation she'd had with the police.
9. John's _____________ praise of his coach was part of his plan to get onto the team.
10. Aunt Clara delivered a beautiful ____________ at Grandmother's funeral.
11. His __________ crimes against the state were well chronicled in the daily papers.
english vocab - anonymous, Friday, November 30, 2007 at 6:02pm
english vocab - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 30, 2007 at 6:06pm
# 5 is not D.
english vocab - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 30, 2007 at 6:04pm
I can't believe you actually looked these words up in a dictionary. You have one answer correct -- # 10.
For number 1, a carefully prepared (meticulous) lecture, shouldn't be hard to follow. I told you in another post that you should use the word that means "rambling, moving from subject to subject."
Please go back and check the previous post for the hints I gave you for numbers 1 - 5.
And # 11 is especially ridiculous. Amorous means "loving." How can crimes against the state be considered loving?
english vocab - tamy, Friday, November 30, 2007 at 6:18pm
i told you i was really bad at this also i got lazy on the last question so i guessed on that one
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. I have just finished the work. 2. I just finished the work. 3. I ...
- English - Posted by rfvv on Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 10:33pm. 1. Are you finished ...
- spanish - How do I translate my spanish Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework ...
- Reflections - My english teacher said that they didn't tell any winners for the ...
- please rate my essay - I had asked earlier if anyone had any ideas for an essay ...
- Visual Literacy in Business - how do you fix this story using typography? Hi ...
- English - Which words nearly opposite meanings? A.finished, responded<---- B....
- English - Hello, need help in answering this question what does race and ...
- SRA MY WORK IS FINISHED - could you please type your answers in for me i'm ...
- English 7 - "Dear Reader" Letter Check - Can you check my letter. It's a project...