Posted by Bryan on Friday, November 30, 2007 at 4:27pm.
If any body could help me figure out these problems. I would love to know how to do it, and not just get an answer, however if you don't have the time to explain it to me, then the answer will suffice.
6. (1 pt) Solve the following equation in the interval [0, 2 p
Note: Give the answer as a multiple of p. Do not use decimal
numbers. The answer should be a fraction or an integer. Note
that p is already included in the answer so you just have to enter
the appropriate multiple. E.g. if the answer is p/2 you should
enter 1/2. If there is more than one answer enter them separated
2(cos(t))2−cos(t)−1 = 0
t =________ pi
7. (1 pt) Solve the given equation in the interval [0,2 p].
Note: The answer must be written as a multiple of p. Give exact
answers. Do not use decimal numbers. The answer must
an integer or a fraction. Note that p is already provided with the
answer so you just have to find the appropriate multiple. E.g.
the answer is p
2 you should enter 1/2. If there is more than one
answer write them separated by commas.
2(sin x)2−5cos x+1 = 0
- Math (Pre-Calc) - Bryan, Friday, November 30, 2007 at 4:35pm
By the way when is says the interval, it's [0, 2pi] The p's should be pi's
- Math (Pre-Calc) - Michael, Friday, November 30, 2007 at 4:59pm
For the first, factor the equation as you would if cos(t) were x.
For the second, recall that the #1 Identity (most important) is sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) = 1. Solve the identify for sin^2(x) and plug that into your equation so that it contains only cosine. Then, factor the equation as you would if cos(x) were simply x.
Try that, and if you have any problems, let us know.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- psychology - What could be some charateristics of non love, liking, infatuation...
- Pre Calc - Find the work done by a force F of 30 pounds acting in the direction...
- Math - Two-Step Inequalities - Please Help - I need help with this one, please. ...
- Math - Can somebody help me out here. I want to know why I am good with math ...
- Math - I am trying to figure how to solve this but I am totally confused? Can ...
- Easy (yet confusing) Algebra - These problems are pretty easy, but confusing (as...
- Pre-Calc/Trig - I have looked this up, but still cant figure out what it is.. ...
- Math - Thank you Ms. Sue to my question on the coin collection. I just haven't ...
- Teachers Aide/Language and other Barriers - 13. In an ESL classroom, teacher ...
- Math - How would you solve for A 5 x 3^(x+2)= A x 3^(x) Please help me, I have ...