Posted by Sarah on Friday, November 30, 2007 at 3:19pm.
In which sentence are the "conjunctions" used correctly?
1) Either Fred nor John knew about the accident.
2) The top award was given to neither Steve or Jim.
3 Neither beauty nor popularity was considered in the contest.
4) Mary enjoyed neither rooler skating or ice skating.
I think the answer is #3 neither/nor.
- English - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 30, 2007 at 3:24pm
You're right. Neither goes with nor. Either goes with or.
- English - Sarah, Friday, November 30, 2007 at 3:38pm
Choose the sentence that has a subject complement.
1) The nurse felt my pulse.
2) I felt much better.
3) The day ended with many surprises.
4) We can't leave without seeing her.
This one I have a problem with. I think it is #2 - I felt much better. I think all of them have a complete thought?
- English - Writeacher, Friday, November 30, 2007 at 4:10pm
- English - Anonymous, Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 10:01pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - In which sentence are the conjunctions used correctly? A. Either Fred...
- english - In which sentence are the conjunctions used correctly? A. The top ...
- English - In which sentence are the conjunctions used correctly? 1. Either Fred ...
- Pratical English - 11. Which sentence below contains a correctly used modifier ...
- English - 1. Select the sentence in which all pronouns are used correctly. A. ...
- English - 1. It is neither hot nor warm. (In this sentence, what does 'nor' mean...
- Sat prep English - Choose the word which best completes the sentence Neither the...
- grammar - 1. red hots and candy corn (is,are)johns favorite candy. (is) 2. ...
- grammar - check if they are right 1. red hots and candy corn (is,are)johns ...
- kendy - which of the following sentences demonstrates correct subject verb ...