posted by Sarah on .
In which sentence are the "conjunctions" used correctly?
1) Either Fred nor John knew about the accident.
2) The top award was given to neither Steve or Jim.
3 Neither beauty nor popularity was considered in the contest.
4) Mary enjoyed neither rooler skating or ice skating.
I think the answer is #3 neither/nor.
You're right. Neither goes with nor. Either goes with or.
Choose the sentence that has a subject complement.
1) The nurse felt my pulse.
2) I felt much better.
3) The day ended with many surprises.
4) We can't leave without seeing her.
This one I have a problem with. I think it is #2 - I felt much better. I think all of them have a complete thought?