Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 9:24pm.
Which of these compounds contain elements that do not follow the octet rule? Explain. (Note: All the numbers are superscripts)
My understanding of the octet rule..is that it is not satisified in molecules w/ an odd no. of electrons, and in molecules where an atom has less, or more, than a complete octet of valence electrons.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemisty - does NF3 follow the octet rule
- chemistry - what elements follow the octet rule?
- Chemistry - Using the "octet rule" write the Lewis formulas for NF3 and NO3-.
- Chemistry - Since BrF3 and ClF5 do not obey the octet rule. Did IF7 obey the ...
- Chemistry - What is the octet rule? How does the rule explain the common ion of ...
- chemistry - does NOCL follow the octet rule
- AP Chem - A valid Lewis structure of __________ cannot be drawn without ...
- Chemistry - Describe the formation of an ion from a metal and a nonmetal in ...
- Chemistry - How does Mg obey the octet rule? How does N obey the octet rule?
- Chemistry - SO2 can be drawn as a molecule which satisfies the octet rule (using...